- POSTPONED: The New London Horse Show Series kicks off June 6 at 9 a.m. in a new location: Coyote Crossing Cattle Company, 4178 Headens Bridge Road in Bedford, Va. The open show includes halter, Western and Hunter pleasure and equitation, Ranch Horse halter and performance classes, mini classes, gaited and added-money classes in Western Pleasure, English Pleasure and Ranch Pleasure classes. Billy Prother is scheduled to judge. The series includes four shows with the next one scheduled July 18.
- Stone Bridge Equestrian Center is also holding a horse show Saturday, June 6, at their farm in Natural Bridge. The show is for hunters and jumpers both on the flat and over fences. Robin Wood will judge. Find their prize list here.
- Lead Mines Rescue Fun Show, will be held at 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 6, at the Foster Falls Horse Complex in Austinville, Va. The show includes Pleasure,Game and Fun classes including a Costume Class and Egg & Spoon. There is an entry fee for spectators to this show.
VIRGINIA HORSE CENTER
The center will host the Virginia Presidential Paso Fino Horse Association Show on Friday, June 5 through Sunday June 7 in the East Complex. Rogelio Moreno and Robbyn Young will judge.
Bedford Hunt Club will host a Hunter Pace on Saturday June 6 at The Cedars in Goode, Va
- The Kanawha Valley Arena Resort will host Saddle up for Shriners, June 5-7, Hillsville, Va.:
Sponsored by Hill Billy Kazim Shriners in Hillsville Virginia,weekend admission is $25 per rider which includes dinner and live entertainment on Saturday night. All non-riders are welcome Saturday night for dinner and live entertainment for $10 per person. The ride leaves Saturday at 10 a.m. Dinner will be served on Saturday at 5 p.m. and includes barbecue, hamburgers and hotdogs. Live entertainment is by Dixie Breeze.
- CANCELED Southern VA draft horse and mule show, will be held 10 a.m. Saturday, June 6, at Pine Spur Hunt Club in Vinton, Va. Classes are open to all drafts, half-drafts, donkeys and mules. All proceeds benefit Astride with Pride therapeutic riding program.
- Ride the beautiful George Washington and Jefferson National Forest in Augusta Springs, Va. Wildwood Farm and The Mane Street will hold a one-day trail ride. Choose between a 5-mile trail, an 8-mile trail or an 11-mile trail. All trails will be well marked and you may ride at your own pace. Easy access to the parking area on private land. Cost for the day is $30 and includes lunch. All proceeds will benefit Ride With Pride, Inc., a therapeutic riding program and veterans in the Augusta County area. Call (540) 292-1654 for directions.
- Bull Pasture Mountain Ranch will host its annual “Snow in June” trail ride Friday, June 5, through Sunday, June 7, in McDowell, Va. (About 2-hour drive from Roanoke.) A portion of the proceeds will go to McDowell Volunteer Fire Department. Friday will start with a 2 to 3-hour ride, followed by an authentic cowboy dinner. Saturday will start with breakfast, and then choose between a short (2-3 hour) or a long (5-5 1/2 hour) ride. Visit the ranch’s website for more details.
- Iron Mountain Horse Camp will host a trail ride Saturday, June 6, at 10 a.m. in Ivanhoe, Va.
- The Rockbridge Hunt is hosting a Poker ride on Sunday, June 7, in Brownsburg, Va. Riders will set their own pace on a well-marked and shady course at West Airslie farm and the surrounding farms and woodland. During this untimed ride, you’ll pick up five playing cards along the route and submit your poker hand to the Casino Master at the end of the ride. The best Poker hands win cash prizes!
- Blue Ridge Arabian Classic, June 11-14, Virginia Horse Center
- Franklin County Equestrian Club Gymkhana Saddle Series, 6 p.m., June 12, Dove Valley Farm (11918 Henry Road, Henry, Va.)
- Franklin County Trailblazers 4-H Horse Show (Rescheduled), June 13, The Ginther Farm, Sontag, Va.
- Ranch Roping and Ranch Riding Clinic, June 13, Raphine, Va.
- Sprouses Corner Ranch Mid Summer Evening Horse Show, June 20, Buckingham, Va.
- Thoroughbred Celebration Horse Show, June 20-21, Virginia Horse Center
- House Mountain Horse Show, June 23-24, Virginia Horse Center
- Cross View Show Series – Aloha, June 27-28, Green Hill Equestrian Center, Salem, Va.
- Micheal Lyons Performance Clinic, Saturday, June 27, Walnut Springs Stables, Blacksburg. $175 to ride, $25 to audit. Limited spaces are available. (336) 267-1086
- Commonwealth Games – Equestrian Sports, June 27-28, Virginia Horse Center
- Equestrian Vaulting Region IX Championship, June 27-29, Virginia Horse Center
- Pine Spur Hunt Club Horse Show, July 11, Vinton, Va.
- New London Horse Show Series, July 18, Coyote Crossing Cattle Company, 4178 Headens Bridge Road, Bedford, Va.
- New London Horse Show Series, Aug. 15, Coyote Crossing Cattle Company, 4178 Headens Bridge Road, Bedford, Va.
- Equi-Fest at the Sedalia Center, 9 a.m. Aug. 22, Sedalia Center in Big Island, Va.
- Clinton Anderson Walkabout Tour, Aug. 22-23, Virginia Horse Center, Lexington, Va.
- Cross View Show Series – Dog Days of Summer, June 27-28, Green Hill Equestrian Center, Salem, Va.
- Annual BCHA Horse Show, Oct. 4, Green Hill Park Equestrian Center, Salem, Va.
- New London Horse Show Series, Oct. 24, Coyote Crossing Cattle Company, 4178 Headens Bridge Road, Bedford, Va.
- Cross View Show Series – Halloween, Oct. 31-Nov. 1, Green Hill Equestrian Center, Salem, Va.
Like Roanoke Equestrian on Facebook for continued updates on horse shows in the area. Have a show coming up? Contact us at Roanoke.Equestrian@gmail.com to add it to our calendar.