With ever-rising college costs, finding scholarships is becoming more and more important for students. For those who will either continue riding in college with an intercollegiate riding team or who are pursuing a equestrian-related degree, there is a $1,000 scholarship up for grabs through the United States Equestrian Federation.
To qualify, applicants must:
- be a graduating high school senior
- active USEF member
- riding with an intercollegiate riding team or pursuing an equestrian-related degree.
Applicants must write a 1,000 word essay on one of three topics:
- Explain how the sport of equestrian has helped you reach your goals so far.
- Explain how you plan to continue your involvement in equestrian sport during college.
- Explain your future career goals after college.
Deadline to submit your application and essay is July 1. One winner will be chosen Aug. 1.