|Arabian Western Pleasure, photo via Flickr, Creative Commons.|
The center will host the Blue Ridge Arabian Classic beginning Thursday, June 11, through Sunday, June 14. The show is Arabian Horse Association rated, USDF rated and USEF “A” rated Arabian, Half Arabian and Dressage horse show. Karen Homer-Brown and Donnie Bullock will be the judges for halter and performance. Meg Rhodes and Gegi Winslett will judge hunter and over fences. Carol Bishop and LeaAnn Hansen will judge Dressage. The show will encompass the entire facility.
- The Franklin County Equestrian Club will continue its Gymkhana Saddle Series on Friday evening. The show starts at 6 p.m. at Dove Valley Farm in Henry, Va. (11918 Henry Road, Henry, Va.)
- Franklin County Trailblazers 4-H Horse Show will be held Saturday, June 13, at The Ginther Farm in Sontag, Va. This show was rescheduled from April. This show includes classes for both Hunter, Western Pleasure, Ranch Riding, Trail and Gymkhana classes. Chuck Nifong will judge.
- Memory Hill will hold the second in its series of horse shows on Saturday, June 13 at 905 Old White Bridge Road, Waynesboro. The show, which are SWVHJA and VHSA Associate sanctioned, features classes for hunters both over fences and on the flat. John Martin will judge.
- A Ranch Roping and Ranch Riding Clinic, will be held Saturday, June 13, in Raphine, Va. (435 Lofton Road). All levels are welcome. Riding participants must already be registered, but auditors can pay at the gate. $10. Clinicians include Julie Stanley, George Propst and Scott Talley.
- Register now: The Trail Horse Clinic & Challenge with Perfect Partners Equine will be held Aug. 13-16 at the Ivanhoe Show Grounds, 527 Trestle Rd, Ivanhoe, Va. Thursday’s Trail Horse Clinic from 3 p.m.to 6 p.m. will focus on ground skills and liberty using obstacles. Friday’s trail horse clinic from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. focuses on riding skills with obstacles. Saturday and Sunday will feature a trail horse competition with three classes (In-Hand Obstacle Class, Trail Course Obstacle Class over 3-5 miles of trail, Trail Pleasure Obstacle Class in arena) in four divisions. Registration and prices.
- Sprouses Corner Ranch Mid Summer Evening Horse Show, June 20, Buckingham, Va.
- Thoroughbred Celebration Horse Show, June 20-21, Virginia Horse Center
- House Mountain Horse Show, June 23-24, Virginia Horse Center
- Cross View Show Series – Aloha, June 27-28, Green Hill Equestrian Center, Salem, Va.
- Micheal Lyons Performance Clinic, Saturday, June 27, Walnut Springs Stables, Blacksburg. $175 to ride, $25 to audit. Limited spaces are available. (336) 267-1086
- Commonwealth Games – Equestrian Sports, June 27-28, Virginia Horse Center
- Equestrian Vaulting Region IX Championship, June 27-29, Virginia Horse Center
- Pine Spur Hunt Club Horse Show, July 11, Vinton, Va.
- New London Horse Show Series, July 18, Coyote Crossing Cattle Company, 4178 Headens Bridge Road, Bedford, Va.
- Trail Horse Clinic & Challenge with Perfect Partners Equine, Aug. 13-16, Ivanhoe, Va.
- New London Horse Show Series, Aug. 15, Coyote Crossing Cattle Company, 4178 Headens Bridge Road, Bedford, Va.
- Equi-Fest at the Sedalia Center, 9 a.m. Aug. 22, Sedalia Center in Big Island, Va.
- Clinton Anderson Walkabout Tour, Aug. 22-23, Virginia Horse Center, Lexington, Va.
- Cross View Show Series – Dog Days of Summer, June 27-28, Green Hill Equestrian Center, Salem, Va.
- Annual BCHA Horse Show, Oct. 4, Green Hill Park Equestrian Center, Salem, Va.
- New London Horse Show Series, Oct. 24, Coyote Crossing Cattle Company, 4178 Headens Bridge Road, Bedford, Va.
- Cross View Show Series – Halloween, Oct. 31-Nov. 1, Green Hill Equestrian Center, Salem, Va.
Like Roanoke Equestrian on Facebook for continued updates on horse shows in the area. Have a show coming up? Contact us at Roanoke.Equestrian@gmail.com to add it to our calendar.