The Virginia 4-H State Horse Show was recently held at the Virginia Horse Center in Lexington, Va. The Roundup was there on Saturday to take photos of the event. Here are some of the photos with more to be posted in the coming days. If you’d like a copy of a photo, feel free to contact email@example.com.
VIRGINIA HORSE CENTER
- The American Saddlebred Horse Association of Virginia will hold their 2014 horse show at the Virginia Horse Center Sept. 25-28. A full schedule of classes for Saddlebreds, Hackneys and Friesians will be offered, as well as UPHA Classics, futurities and Academy classes. Prize book with class schedule can be found online.
- Also this weekend at the Virginia Horse Center, the Glenmore Hunt Pony Club will hold its fundraiser show for hunters and jumpers in the Wiley and Northern arenas. Find a class list here online.
The Franklin County Equestrian Club’s annual open horse show will be held Sept. 27 at Ginther Farm in Rocky Mount. The show will offer a mix of Western, English and game classes. Find directions and a class list here.
The North Carolina Quarter Horse Association is holding the Tar Heel Classic this weekend at the Hunt Horse Complex in Raleigh, North Carolina. That is just under 3 hours of driving from Roanoke for top AQHA competition just before Congress.
- Dressage at Devon will be broadcast by the USEFnetwork Sept. 26-28.
- The AMHA (Miniature Horse) World Championship will begin broadcasting on iEquine on Sept. 26 through Oct. 4.
- iEquine will also broadcast The All Nations Cup, Europe’s most prestigious Arabian horse show. on Sept. 27-28 from Germany.
- Further out, iEquine will start broadcasting from the All-American Quarter Horse Congress in Columbus, Ohio, on Oct. 2 through Oct. 26. Find the schedule of events here.
The Virginia Horse Center in Lexington, Va., hosted the Virginia Paint Horse Club’s Color Classic Horse Show and Futurities Sept. 6-7. While a traveling snafu of one of the judges slowed things down a bit on Saturday, a replacement was found until she could arrive. However halter classes didn’t finish until about 2 p.m. in hot and sticky weather, making it a long day for everyone. Below are some photos taken at the event: