Eventing In Virginia
At the Virginia Horse Center, Lexington, VA
January 28 & February 11, 2017
Points will count for Eventing In Virginia year end awards!
A Jumper Derby combines stadium jumps and cross country jumps that might typically be encountered at an event or horse trial. This is a good test of your horse’s willingness to jump a mix of fences or varied terrain. This competition is open to any eventer, hunter or jumper who wants to practice for the upcoming season or wants to add a little variety and fun to their jumping. Anyone who wants to have fun in a low key casual atmosphere is welcome!!!
All Divisions will consist of 3 rounds:
Round 1: Optimum time round. Set course, the rider with the least amount of penalties and closest to optimum time wins. (time will not be disclosed prior to the round until all riders have gone).
Round 2: Speed round with Jump off. Set course, if clear rider can stay for jump off round after bell or whistle. Least penalties and fastest time wins.
Round 3: Gambler’s Choice round. All obstacles will have a set value, each rider will be given a set amount of time to jump as many of these obstacles clear as possible, the rider with the most points at the end of the division wins.
- $25/class or $65/division plus $20 Grounds fee applies to every horse not stabling PRE-ENTRIES ONLY! TIMES WILL BE ASSIGNED PROIR TO EVENT!
- Entries close Wednesday, January 25.
- Entries available online http://www.eventinginvirginia.com or mail them to Eventing In Virginia, PO Box 13, Greenville, VA 24440. PayPal available. Make checks payable to GC Equestrian/Brookhill
Divisions: if enough entries will divide into Senior/Junior
Tadpole – Rails on the ground up to 6 – 8 inches tall
Green – Fences up to 18” tall
Advanced Green –2’0 – 2’3 verticals
Beginner Novice – 2’4 -2’7 verticals & oxers
Novice – 2’8 – 2”11 verticals & oxers – may have fake Liverpool and skinny
Training – 3’0- 3’3 verticals, oxers – may have Liverpool, corner and skinny
Preliminary – 3’4 – 3’7- verticals, oxers may have Liverpool, corners & skinnies, bounces
Intermediate/Advanced – 3’7-4’3 verticals, oxers, Liverpool, corners & skinnies, bounces.
General Rules and Regulations:
- Generally run according to USEA rules where applicable. The organizer further reserves the right to combine or split classes within the division if entries warrant. No classes will be run out of order.
- MUST PRE-ENTRY! Entries close Wednesday January 25th & Wednesday February 8th. TIMES WILL BE POSTED & EMAILED BY THURSDAY AFTERNOON/FRIDAY MORNING BEFORE SHOW & POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE.
- Entries available online http://www.eventinginvirginia.com or mail them to Eventing In Virginia, PO Box 13, Greenville, VA 24440. PayPal available. Make checks payable to GC Equestrian/jumper derby
- No unauthorized assistance will be allowed. Riders must perform their courses from memory
- Horses may be competed in up to 2 consecutive divisions
- Attire: Informal but neat and tidy. SEI/ASTM Helmets are required. Medical armbands strongly recommended.
- Tack & equipment: only running martingales are permitted.
- Courses will be open for walking the night before the event, the morning of prior to 8am and just prior to each division. Arena will be open for flat schooling only the day before and prior to 8am the morning of. Competition will begin no earlier than 8am.
- Ribbons 1st – 6th for each class and Champion and reserve champion for each division. All points accumulated will go towards Eventing In Virginia 2016 year end awards.
- Event will fill in a first come first serve basis
- Please include current coggins with the registration form
- $5 off total discount for Area 2 Adult Riders members and Pony Club member, must have proof!
- Address: Maury River Road, Lexington, VA
- Stabling: On grounds, $30/stall per day
- For more information, please email Gammon Castellvi (email@example.com)