There’s a major snowstorm set to hit our area this weekend, starting Friday night and continuing into Saturday, with predictions of 2 feet of snow for our area. But despite the wintry weather, there are still equestrian events that will go on in our area this weekend.
If you want to spend the weekend with your horses, load up now and head for the Virginia Horse Center for the Stonewall Country Horse Show. The show will continue, althoughit will be condensed to one arena. Show manager Leslie Brown said via email, “We have horses on the grounds, and we will continue with the show.”
Also scheduled this weekend:
- Equine Demo & Workshop, Jan. 23, B.A.R.N. facility, Buckingham, Va. (11851 W. James Anderson Hwy) The event will post on it’s Facebook page if the event is canceled because of the weather.
- Bruno Greber Dressage Clinic, Jan. 23-24, Flanagan Stables, Christiansburg, Virginia (Auditing is $15.)
- Lucinda Green Clinic, Jan. 24, GC Equestrian at Penmerryl Farm in Greenville, Va., email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration forms.
And for those of us stranded at home, there’s always online streaming to keep us warm and cozy while the snow swirls outside.
- Valle de Bravo: Longines FEI World Cup Jumping North American League will be broadcast life Thursday, Jan. 21 to Friday, Jan. 22, on the USEFnetwork. It can also be seen on the FEI’s live broadcast site. Or check out one of their OnDemand events.
- EQsports.net will broadcast the USHJA International Hunter Derby – Showplace Spectacular at 8 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 24, from Lamplight Equestrian Center in Wayne, Illinois.
Stay warm and stay safe this weekend! And be sure to check our calendar page for upcoming events (you know, after the snow melts.)