|Solaris EMF, a yearling Hanoverian gelding, was named the Overall Grand Champion at the
Sallie B. Wheeler/U.S. Hunter Breeding National Championship on Aug. 29 at the Virginia Horse Center.
Photo via Virginia Horse Center Facebook page.
Solaris EMF, a yearling Hanoverian gelding, was named the Overall Grand Champion at the Sallie B. Wheeler/U.S. Hunter Breeding National Championship on Aug. 29 at the Virginia Horse Center.
Following the East Coast and West Coast competitions (the West Coast phase was held on Aug. 26 in Del Mar, California and judged by the same panel), judges Mindy Minetto (Wellington, Fla.) and Chris Wynee (Virginia Beach, Va.) declared East Coast entrants Solaris EMF and Arbor Hill the Overall Grand Champion Best Young Horse and the Reserve Grand Champion Best Young Horse, respectively. It is the third straight year, and the ninth time in the championship’s two-phase history, that the Overall Grand Champion has come from the East Coast phase.
Solaris EMF (Sir Wanabi x Panache EMF/Pablo) is owned by Cismont Manor Farm of Keswick, Va., and handled by Kenneth Wheeler. Solaris also won the East Coast Best Young Horse Award, Yearling Hunter – Colts/Gelding Class and The American Hanoverian Society Breed Registry Award.
|Arbor Hill was named The East Coast Reserve Champion Best Young Horse.
Photo via Virginia Horse Center’s Facebook page.
The East Coast Reserve Champion Best Young Horse went to Arbor Hill (Aloha x Paisley/Private Account), a Hanoverian/Oldenburg gelding, owned by Kenneth Wheeler and Cismont Manor Farm and handled by Richard Taylor. Arbor Hill also won the 2-year-old Hunter – Colts/Gelding class. Taylor earned the Leading Handler Award and Mr. and Mrs. Earnest Oare were named the Leading Owners.
Additional Breed Registry Awards went to the following top horses:
- Ethereal Blue, owned by Patricia Michael and handled by Lexi Robinson, won The American Holsteiner Horse Association Award.
- Femineste MRF, owned and handled by Lubrano, took home The American Warmblood Registry Award.
- The Belgian Warmblood Breeding Association Award went to Ophelya PCS, owned by Ingrid Bergmann and handled by Dowell “Junior” Johnson.
- Idonis VZ, owned and handled by Amy Schull, earned The KWPN of North America Award.
- The RPSI Award went to Amorous, owned by Dr. Katelyn Ziggas and handled by Jay Francella.
- Joyful Hope, owned by Dr. Erica Feiste and handled by Johnson, won The Stud-Book sBs (Belgian Sport Horse Society) Award.
- Timeless, owned by Carrie D. Buxton and handled by Oliver Brown, received the Oldenburg Registry of North America Award
- Vizier, owned by Nokomis Farm and handled by William Howland, picked up The Oldenburg Horse Breeder’s Society Award.
|Winner Yearling Fillies, Tainted Love (Amazing x Tuxedo Park) owned and bred by Catherine Marcks.
Photo via Virginia Horse Center Facebook